Need quick and easy breakfast ideas? Make frozen waffles in just minutes using the air fryer! They are perfectly crispy on the outside with a soft center. A waffle breakfast is a great option for kids and adults! Go ahead and drizzle a little maple syrup on these golden brown waffles!
(Blue’s Best Life is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. This helps me keep the blog going! -Bobbie)
I've been hooked on my air fryer lately, making everything from French fries to mozzarella cheese sticks! There are also many great air fryer breakfast recipes like air fryer cinnamon rolls and frozen biscuits! Air fryers are a great appliance for anyone living in a dorm or who has a small kitchen and wants to condense the amount of kitchen gadgets they have. An air fryer can eliminate the need for a bulky toaster oven and can cook much faster than a traditional convection oven.
Why air fryer waffles are the best
Waffles are a classic morning staple but during the weekday there is rarely time to drag out the waffle iron. On a busy morning we need a quick breakfast with no mess and no fuss. Cooking air fryer frozen waffles is the solution to your morning’s hectic schedule. They are crispy on the outside and begging for a little drizzle of delicious maple syrup!
- There are a wide variety of frozen waffles in the frozen foods section of your local grocery. Choose the type of waffle your family likes the best. Remember cook time may vary from brand to brand.
- Best way to make a quick breakfast.
- Perfect amount of crispness while still being soft in the center.
Here are a few simple steps to follow to make perfect waffles in the air fryer. For best results preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit. After it has heated for 5 minutes add the frozen waffles in the basket of the air fryer in a single layer.
Time the waffles for 4 minutes and carefully flip at the halfway point using kitchen tongs.
After the waffles are warmed and golden brown, plate and serve with butter and a drizzle of syrup.
Air fryer Tips
- Preheating the air fryer ensures a crispy waffle.
- Do not use parchment paper or aluminum foil in the air fryer. This will block the hot air from circulating in the air fryer. Spread waffles in an even layer in the basket of air fryer.
- There is no need to spray the air fryer with cooking spray. The air fryer basket has a non stick surface.
- If you make more than one batch the following batches the cooking time will need to be reduced slightly because the air fryer will be preheated and very hot.
Can I use homemade waffles in the air fryer?
Of course you will first need to make your waffles using a waffle iron, but if you like to make extra to freeze these can be warmed up using the same technique in the air fryer. This is a great way to meal prep!
Favorite toppings for waffles
Of course a little extra butter and pure maple syrup come to mind as toppings for waffles. Here's a few other ideas to make this a more complete breakfast!
- fresh berries or fresh fruit
- whipped cream
- chocolate chips
- peanut butter or any nut butter
Looking for other tasty air fryer recipes? Try these!
If you try this recipe for Frozen Waffles in Air Fryer, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bluesbestlife on Instagram! Seeing your creations makes my day.
Pin For Later!
Frozen Waffles in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 3 frozen waffles
- optional toppings, maple syrup, butter and fruit
- Preheat air fryer at 360 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Add waffles to basket. Do not overcrowd.
- Set air fryer for 4 minutes. Flip at halfway through point.
- Top with toppings of choice.