Gooey mozzarella sticks are perfect for a great appetizer on game day or a delicious snack. Cooking in the air fryer makes them perfectly crispy on the outside with melty cheese on the inside. No need for all of the mess of a deep fryer, these mozzarella sticks cook perfectly golden brown without the extra oil!
(Blue’s Best Life is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. This helps me keep the blog going! -Bobbie)
We've been on an air fryer kick for the last few months. It's just so convenient and cooks everything from chicken nuggets, French fries to biscuits. Now my daughter is hooked on these air fryer mozzarella sticks. I’ve even been making them for her for breakfast (don’t judge, kids and breakfast can be a challenge)! The great thing is that these frozen cheese sticks take no time to make and are quicker than a regular oven.
Can you cook frozen mozzarella sticks in the air fryer?
Yes! Air frying is the best way to make a piping hot mozzarella stick in just minutes. When comparing cooking methods this is the best way to make this gooey cheese snack.
Why these are the best mozzarella sticks
These mozzarella sticks are perfectly crispy on the outside and gooey and cheesy on the inside.
- Easiest way to make golden brown mozzarella sticks.
- No wait time for the air fryer to preheat like a conventional oven.
- Cheese sticks are hot and ready in just 7 minutes!
- No grease or mess from using a deep fryer.
I used Farm Rich brand frozen breaded mozzarella sticks. There are several different brands that you can find in the frozen foods section of your local grocery store. You can even make your own homemade mozzarella sticks using string cheese and a combination of parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and spices.
Whichever type is your preference just remember the cook time may vary depending on the type of cheese stick.
Here are a few cooking tips for the best results.
- To cook evenly always add mozzarella sticks in a single layer inside the air fryer basket.
- Spray lightly with an olive oil spray. Do not use cooking spray in your air fryer.
- Do not use parchment paper or aluminum foil in the bottom of your air fryer. Air fryers work by hot air circulating and anything in the basket will keep the air from circulating properly.
- Warm up a cup of your favorite marinara sauce for a dipping sauce for the cheese sticks.
- No need to pre heat the air fryer. These cook perfectly crispy in just 7 minutes!
- There are many different brands and types of air fryers so the cooking time may vary slightly. Also the air fryer's capacity could cook more or less at a time.
Looking for other easy air fryer recipes? Try These!
If you try this easy appetizer recipe for Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bluesbestlife on Instagram! Seeing your creations makes my day.
Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer
- 12 mozzarella cheese sticks
- olive oil spray
- Place mozzarella sticks in a single layer in the bottom of your air fryer basket.
- Lightly spray the cheese sticks with olive oil spray.
- Set air fryer to 360 degrees and set time for 7 minutes.
- Carefully remove from basket after cooking and serve with your favorite marinara sauce.