Tired of soggy, limp sweet potato fries? Try this recipe for Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries! Perfectly crispy sweet potato fries can be made in minutes.
(Blue’s Best Life is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. This helps me keep the blog going! -Bobbie)
Can you cook frozen sweet potato fries in the air Fryer?
Yes! You can cook frozen fries in an air fryer. This is my favorite method for cooking crispy fries. They are cooked perfectly with a nice crunch on the outside with a soft center that has that delicious sweet flavor! It’s a great side dish I make often because it is the perfect side dish alongside burgers, grilled chicken breasts and chicken wings. This easy recipe is truly crispy perfection without the need of lots of extra oil!
Why these sweet potato fries are the best
We all have those busy days when we need that little bit of convenience. We don’t have time to wait for the oven to heat up and peel and chop our own fries. It’s great to have your favorite brand of frozen fries hanging out in the freezer ready to cook! It’s an easy side dish that has a lot of great nutritional value.
- Faster because air fryers heat much quicker than conventional ovens.
- Healthier than deep frying because air fryers only need a little oil. Simply spray with olive oil spray.
- Perfectly crispy results because the air fryer works by circulating hot air.
A bag of your favorite frozen sweet potato fries. For this recipe I used a bag of Alexia brand sweet potato fries. They make many different types from waffle fries, thicker cut fries and even tater tots. I used the regular size so just remember the cook time may be slightly different depending on the type of fry you cook.
For best results, I use extra virgin olive oil in my air fryer. You only need a little bit of oil to make super crunchy sweet potato fries. If looking for alternative oils you could use avocado oil, just make sure to not use cooking spray which could damage an air fryer.
What is best temperature to use
Set your air fryer at 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Preheat for 5 minutes before adding the fries. No need to defrost so they can come straight from the freezer. Remember different air fryer models will cook differently. You may need to adjust the cooking time.
- Do not overcrowd the basket. Spread the fries in a single layer in the bottom of the air fryer basket. If you are cooking for several people make two batches.
- Do not use a canned aerosol cooking spray. They have added ingredients that can damage the air fryer. I use a refillable spray bottle so I can add my own olive oil.
- The easiest way to insure the fries cook evenly is to remove basket from the air fryer and shake halfway through the cooking process.
- Do not use parchment paper in the air fryer. Air fryers work by hot air circulating and the parchment will block that air causing the fries to not cook evenly.
What to serve with sweet potato fries
Ketchup is of course the go to accompaniment for regular fries. You can use your favorite dipping sauce, honey mustard or butter with a cinnamon and sugar combination.
Looking for other delicious air fryer recipes? Try these!
If you try this recipe for Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bluesbestlife on Instagram! Seeing your creations makes my day.
Pin for Later!
My Favorite Kitchen Tools!
Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer
- frozen, sweet potato fries
- olive oil cooking spray
- salt, to taste
- dipping sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Add a few handfuls of frozen sweet potato fries to the basket of the air fryer.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Set timer for 12 minutes. Shake basket at halfway point.
- Plate fries with dipping sauce of choice.