Garlic Monkey Bread Made With Biscuits is a quick and easy side dish to go along side your favorite Italian dinner or perfect for a game day appetizer. Thanks to refrigerated biscuit dough this recipe comes together quickly and is perfectly seasoned with herbs and plenty of garlic!
(Blue's Best Life is a participant in the Amazon Affiliate Programs. I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. This helps me keep the blog going!)- Bobbie
Why You'll Love This Garlic Monkey Bread Recipe!
Buttery, garlicy pull apart bread is a delicious appetizer perfect for dunking into your favorite marinara sauce. The biscuit dough bakes up perfectly pillowy and soft on the inside with a buttery crusty exterior. The first time I made this treat, my family devoured it so I knew it would be a hit for any parties or get togethers I host.
Garlic monkey bread is also quick to put together. It only takes a few minutes to cut the biscuits and dunk into the butter garlic mixture and then bakes quickly in the oven.
It also makes for such a cute presentation. A small ramekin of marinara nestles perfectly in the middle when you make this in a Bundt pan. If you don't have a Bundt pan, you can still make this bread in any other baking dish.
- Easy To Make- no need to make homemade dough when you can put this together quickly with refrigerated biscuit dough.
- Perfect For Parties- This appetizer is perfect for parties or a large family dinner and is always a hit!
- Cute Presentation- I love appetizers that look impressive and this garlic monkey bread has the perfect presentation with a ramekin of marinara nestled in the center.
Love Appetizers? Try These Next!
Bundt pan- this isn't necessary but makes for a really cute presentation because the marinara dipping sauce can fit perfectly in the center after you remove the bread from the pan. You can use any baking dish for this garlic bread if you do not have a Bundt pan.
biscuits- refrigerated biscuits makes this monkey bread recipe quick and easy. You can find these in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores.
garlic- I prefer fresh garlic cloves for my garlic bread but you can use garlic powder if you prefer.
butter- you just can't have a good garlic bread without butter!
Italian seasoning- this mixture of dried herbs adds the perfect flavor to the garlic monkey bread.
parmesan cheese- this salty cheese is perfect in garlic bread. It melts into the bread and creates a delicious flavor.
fresh parsley- chopped fresh parsley is optional. It adds a pop of color to the appetizer.
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a Bundt pan to help the monkey bread come out of the pan easily. You can use any baking dish if you do not have a Bundt pan.
Separate the biscuits and cut each one into quarters. Roll the pieces into a small ball.
In a microwave safe bowl add the butter and melt in the microwave for about 60 seconds or until the butter is completely melted. Add the Italian seasonings and minced garlic to the butter.
Add a few of the biscuit pieces to the garlic butter mixture and use two forks to roll the biscuits to cover with the garlic butter, then remove the pieces with the forks and add them to the Bundt pan.
Once you have covered the bottom of the pan with the biscuit pieces, add a sprinkle of the parmesan cheese to cover.
Continue to dip the biscuits and add them to the pan along with parmesan cheese until you have used all of the biscuit dough.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Carefully invert the Bundt pan onto a plate add a small ramekin of hot marinara to the center of the pan for a dipping sauce if desired.
I like to use a bottled marinara sauce for a dipping sauce. You could also make a garlic butter sauce or a cheesy sauce for dunking. Or just eat it as is. It is so good on it's own sauce isn't absolutely necessary.
If you actually have leftovers, you can wrap the leftover garlic monkey bread in aluminum foil or place in an airtight container for 2-3 days at room temperature or in the refrigerator for a week.
Reheat in the microwave or for best results wrapped in aluminum foil in the oven.
Did you try this recipe? Please let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and a 5- star rating. I would love to hear from you! Subscribe Here to get new recipes sent straight to your inbox!
Garlic Monkey Bread Made With Biscuits
- Bundt pan- or any pan will work.
- 2 packages Pillsbury Grands biscuits, Southern homestyle variety
- ½ cup unsalted butter, (1 stick)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3-6 cloves garlic, minced (depending on how garlicy you want)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parley, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup marinara sauce (optional for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a Bundt pan or pan of choice lightly with cooking spray.
- Open the packages of biscuits and separate the biscuits. Cut each one into quarters. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Add butter to a microwave safe dish and melt in the microwave for 60 seconds or until butter is completely melted. Add the Italian seasoning and minced garlic.
- Dunk each dough ball into the butter mixture and place in the prepared Bundt pan. I used two forks to make this easier.
- When you have one layer of dough balls covering the bottom of the pan, add a sprinkle of cheese. Continue the process until all of the dough is covered and added to the pan.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. The top will be golden brown.
- Carefully invert the hot pan onto a plate to remove the monkey bread. Add a small ramekin of hot marinara for a dipping sauce if desired.