If you are wanting to make restaurant style chicken nuggets at home, try Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets! These crispy nuggets are made in just a matter of minutes for a quick and easy meal that is healthier than the fried variety.
(Blue’s Best Life is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. This helps me keep the blog going! -Bobbie)
Let’s face it if you have kids, chicken nuggets are a staple in your house. Sometimes 10 minutes is all the time you have to get dinner on the table. As mom’s we need those easy recipes. Cooking frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer will not only save you from dinner time stress but make you a hero to your kids!
can you air fry frozen chicken nuggets?
Yes, you can air fry chicken nuggets! This is the best way to get them crispy on the outside and tender and juicy in the center. You will never have a soggy chicken nugget using this method.
Why frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer are the best
- faster because air fryers preheat very quickly.
- produces crispy crust from the hot air circulating.
- healthier than fried take out version
- easy dinner that requires little hands on time
How long do you cook frozen chicken nuggets in the air Fryer?
Even frozen chicken nuggets cook very quickly. When you add the nuggets to a preheated air fryer the cook time is around 8 to 10 minutes depending on the size and thickness of the nugget. There are many different air fryers which can change the cook time slightly. The first time you try chicken nuggets, test it at a shorter time and adjust if it needs a few more minutes.
- For crispy chicken nuggets, preheat air fryer basket to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes before adding frozen nuggets.
- For best results, do not overcrowd the basket. Cook in a single layer.
- Use tongs to flip nuggets halfway through cooking time to ensure even cooking.
- Do not defrost before cooking.
- Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the chicken nuggets.
- Spray basket or air fryer trays with olive oil spray. Do not use cooking spray in an air fryer.
Looking for a healthier option?
There’s a wide variety of frozen chicken nuggets on the market these days. Read the nutritional information to select the type that is right for your family. You can buy a gluten free variety, breading made with whole grains, or even veggie nuggets. These will all work wonderfully in the air fryer. Make whichever is your favorite brand, if your kids only want the dinosaur chicken nuggets then go for it! These will all be better options than fried fast food nuggets.
What to serve with your air fryer chicken nuggets
Pick your favorite dipping sauce to serve with the chicken nuggets. Of course barbeque sauce is our favorite sauce in my house so I look for a variety that is lower in sugar.
Looking for other air fryer recipes? Try these!
Pin For Later!
My Favorite Kitchen Tools!
If you try this recipe for Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bluesbestlife on Instagram! Seeing your creations makes my day.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer
- 10-12 frozen chicken nuggets
- olive oil cooking spray
- dipping sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- After preheated for 5 minutes add frozen chicken nuggets to basket of air fryer in a single layer. Do not overcrowd nuggets.
- Spray lightly with olive oil spray. Do not use cooking spray.
- Set timer on air fryer for 8 minutes. Larger nuggets may take longer. Flip halfway through cooking time.
- Add to platter and serve with favorite dipping sauce.