This Easy Apple Cobbler With Cake Mix Recipe is a simple dessert made with just a handful of ingredients. By using canned apple filling and a box of cake mix, you can make a delicious dessert that is full of fall flavors. This is the perfect dessert to bring to family gatherings!
Table of contents
Why You'll Love This Apple Cobbler With Cake Mix Recipe!
Apple desserts are the perfect fall dessert. This apple dump cake recipe is an easy recipe that you can mix together in a few minutes and bake until golden perfection. Top with a scoop of ice cream and enjoy this truly easy recipe. Of course this can be made with other fruit! Try this peach cobbler or cherry cobbler for other family favorites!
- Easy recipe- perfect for busy weeknights when you only have a few minutes to put something together!
- Pantry staples- This recipe can be made any time of year with a few ingredients that can be kept on hand.
Love Easy Desserts? Try These Next!
apple pie filling- canned apple pie filling makes this recipe a truly easy dessert. If you prefer to use fresh apples you can always use your favorite and mix with brown sugar and apple pie spice.
box cake mix- I prefer to use a yellow cake mix because I think it is a closer resemblance to a cobbler topping. However, you can use a white cake mix or a spice cake mix in this recipe.
butter- I used unsalted butter for the recipe. Keep your stick of butter cold so it is easier to cut into the dry cake mix.
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Pour both cans of apple pie filling into the casserole dish and smooth into an even layer.
In a mixing bowl add the cake mix, spices and the cold butter. Use a pastry blender, a fork or 2 knives to cut the butter into the cake mix.
The butter will form pea sized clumps once it is completely worked in. Next stir the milk into the cake mix mixture. Use a spoon to add dallops of the cake mix over the top of the apples. Spread out over the apples, but as the butter melts in the oven the cobbler crust will spread on its own so this does not need to be perfect.
Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes. The cobbler crust will be a golden brown color. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Once the cobbler has cooled you can dish servings onto a plate or bowl. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dallop of whipped cream.
This homemade apple cobbler can be served warm or room temperature.
To store any leftovers, allow the cobbler to cool completely and store in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
Substitutions And Additions
spices- you can use apple pie spice or just cinnamon in the recipe. You can always omit the spices all together and the cake will still taste amazing
Love Apple Recipes? Try These Next!
Did you try this recipe? Please let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and a 5- star rating. I would love to hear from you! Subscribe Here to get new recipes sent straight to your inbox!
Apple Cobbler With Cake Mix
- 9x13 inch casserole dish
- 2 apple pie filling
- 1 (13 ounce)box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter, cold
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray a 9x13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Add both cans of apple pie filling to the casserole dish and spread into an even layer.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cake mix, the cold butter, and spices. Use a pastry blender or two knives to cut the butter into the cake mix until it is combined and resembles pea sized crumbs.
- While stirring slowly add the milk to the mixture until no white streaks of flour remain.
- Use a spoon to drop the mixture over the top of the apples. Smooth a little but does not need to be completely perfect because the cobbler topping will spread as it bakes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes. The top will be golden brown.