These easy turkey sliders with cheese are a great way to use those Thanksgiving leftovers. With layers of turkey breast, provolone cheese and cranberry sauce on sweet Hawaiian rolls these little sandwiches are an easy appetizer, lunch or main dish. These Hawaiian roll turkey sliders take only minutes to prep!
(Blue’s Best Life is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. This helps me keep the blog going! -Bobbie)
Table of contents
Why You'll Love This Turkey Sliders Recipe!
So I don't know about you, but I spend 3 days in the kitchen preparing Thanksgiving dinner. Of course it's delicious but there are so many dishes and ALL THE LEFTOVERS! The next day I need a break and that is were these delicious and easy baked turkey sliders come to the rescue!
Warm turkey sliders are such and easy dinner and the perfect way to use those Thanksgiving turkey leftovers. Get creative and use other leftover side dishes. My husband wants to add leftover stuffing and turkey gravy to these sliders.
And seriously these are so good with that gooey cheese, tart cranberry sauce and decadent butter sauce, you will want to make these for game days too. Just opt for deli turkey for convenience!
baking tray- any baking dish that the sliders can fit inside will work. I prefer something with an edge so they do not slide off when removing from the oven.
turkey- use leftover turkey after your holiday dinner or you can make this anytime of year with sliced deli meat.
cranberry- cranberry sauce or relish gives this sandwich a sweet and tangy bite.
King's Hawaiian Rolls- these sweet rolls are perfect for sliders. Get the original flavor dinner roll.
provolone cheese- has a buttery sharp flavor that stands up to the tangy cranberries.
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Use a serrated knife to slice through the Hawaiian rolls. Put the bottom side of the rolls on a baking tray, casserole dish or use the oven safe tray the rolls come in. Start by layering the turkey slices.
Add slices of cheese on top of the turkey. It is ok if the cheese overlaps a bit.
Spread the cranberry sauce over the top of the cheese. Place the top half of the rolls over the cranberry sauce to form the sandwich.
In a small bowl whisk the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, seasoned salt, garlic powder, dry mustard and rosemary.
Brush the butter mixture over the tops of the rolls. If you do not have a pastry brush you can spoon the buttery mixture on.
Cover the turkey cranberry sliders with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the sliders are golden brown.
These are best served hot straight from the oven so the layers of cheese are warm and gooey. These are perfect for an appetizer, lunch or dinner. You can always add a salad like this Apple Walnut Salad or Strawberry Salad to complete the meal.
Try this amazing cranberry vodka cocktail if you have lots of leftover cranberry sauce!
Store leftover turkey sliders in an airtight container for 1-2 days. To reheat wrap in aluminum foil and place in 350° F oven for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Substitutions And Additions
cheese- there are so many types of cheese that would taste amazing on this slider recipe. Swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, Havarti cheese or brie cheese would all be great substitutions. Feel free to use your favorite type of cheese.
cranberry sauce- if you do not have leftover cranberry sauce or do not care for cranberry sauce you can make these easy sliders with any type of preserves. Cherry preserves are delicious on turkey sandwiches.
Hawaiian rolls- if you do not care for these sweet rolls you can use a package of dinner rolls or slider buns.
Did you try this recipe? Please let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and a 5- star rating. I would love to hear from you! Subscribe Here to get new recipes sent straight to your inbox!
- baking tray
- 1 package King's Hawaiian Rolls (12 count original recipe)
- 12 ounces turkey, leftover turkey or sliced deli turkey)
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup cranberry sauce or relish
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Slice the package of Hawaiian rolls in half with a serrated knife. Place the bottom of the rolls in a baking tray.
- Add all of the turkey slices to the bottom half of the rolls. Followed by the slices of cheese and a layer of cranberry sauce. Add the top half of the rolls onto the sliders.
- Mix together the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, seasoned salt, garlic powder, dry mustard and finely chopped rosemary. Brush the butter sauce on the top of the rolls. You can also spoon this on if you do not have a pastry brush.
- Cover the sliders with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, then uncover and bake for an addition 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the top of the sliders are golden brown.