If you are looking for a quick breakfast with wholesome ingredients try this Turkey Bacon, Egg and Cheese Sandwich. Turkey bacon is a great option for anyone wanting to eat less pork but still looking for homestyle breakfast sandwiches.
(Blue’s Best Life is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. This helps me keep the blog going! -Bobbie)
Why this breakfast sandwich is the best!
One bite of this sandwich and you will be in love! This breakfast sandwich has it all: gooey egg with the crispy, salty bacon and melty cheese! All of this sandwiched between two slices of healthy multigrain bread. Quick breakfasts are the best for busy mornings plus this healthy breakfast will keep you fueled all morning long!
Key ingredients & substitutions
turkey bacon-there are many different brands and types of turkey bacon. For a healthier option select an uncured turkey bacon that is nitrate-free.
cheese- pick your favorite. I love cheddar cheese, Havarti or swiss cheese on this healthy breakfast sandwich but any melty gooey cheese will work well.
large egg- egg sandwiches aren't complete without that perfectly fried egg. Choose good quality cage free eggs. If you prefer you can always use egg whites.
multigrain bread- any whole wheat or multigrain bread will work for this recipe. You can even substitute an English muffin if you prefer.
If you want to add more flavor add tomato slices to the sandwich and season your egg with salt and cracked black pepper. You can also butter the slices of bread.
Start your turkey bacon cooking in a skillet. Heat the skillet over medium high heat, spray with nonstick cooking spray and lay bacon strips in the bottom of the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side until the bacon has brown slight and is crispy. Check out my turkey bacon cooking methods and tips on how to make crispy bacon.
While bacon is cooking, heat another small skillet over medium heat. When skillet is warm spray with cooking spray and add eggs. Cook eggs over easy or to your preference.
To assemble the sandwich toast bread slices. layer with egg, slice of cheese, bacon slices and top with remaining piece of bread.
- Cook egg to your preference. My husband loves a runny egg, while I prefer my yolk more set. Here are my quick tips on how to pan fry an egg.
- This sandwich is best served immediately.
Looking for other great breakfast recipes? Try These!
Did you try this recipe? Please let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and a 5- star rating. I would love to hear from you! Subscribe to get new recipes sent straight to your inbox!
Turkey Bacon, Egg and Cheese Sandwich
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 2 eggs
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Once hot spray with cooking spray and add turkey bacon to skillet.
- Cook bacon for 3-4 minutes, flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Cook bacon until browned and desired crispiness.
- Heat another skillet over medium heat. When skillet is warm spray with cooking spray and add eggs. Cook the eggs over easy or as desired.
- Toast bread and build sandwiches by layering bacon, cheese and egg between to slices of bread.