If you are looking for a savory breakfast try this Fried Egg Sandwich on a Brioche Bun. The warm egg and turkey sausage melts the cheese creating this oozy bite of deliciousness! And the mustard aioli may seem strange on a breakfast sandwich, but that little tangy kick is the perfect combination of flavors!
(Blue’s Best Life is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. This helps me keep the blog going! Bobbie)
My husband and I had an amazing breakfast sandwich while on a trip to Vegas. It had turkey sausage, a fried egg, cheddar cheese and a delicious mustard aioli on a warm brioche bun. It was a little melty and messy, but every bite was delicious! My husband devoured this sandwich and he told me I had make it at home!
how to cook fried egg for Sandwich
I start by having my small non stick skillet heated over medium heat. I carefully crack my egg into a small ramekin just to make sure I don’t get any eggshells in it.
When my skillet is hot I spray with cooking spray and add the egg. The amount of time the egg cooks will depend upon how you liked your egg cooked.
4 ways to cook a fried egg
- sunny side up: cooks only on one side for 2-3 minutes
- over easy: cooks for 2 minutes to set, then flip egg and cook for only a few seconds for a very runny yolk
- over medium: cook on one side, then the egg is flipped over to cook for an additional minute for the yolk to firm up
- over well: cook on the first side, then flip and cook for 3 minutes until yolk is completely set
Of course everyone has a preference for how they prefer their eggs cooked. I prefer my eggs over medium, while my husband on the other hand likes his egg over easy. No matter which method you prefer, it will be delicious on these sandwiches.
What can you use instead of oil for frying?
I always use a non stick skillet when I cook fried eggs. I find that I can cook them with only a little bit of cooking spray and still get wonderful results. There are many varieties of sprays that are made with olive oil if you are looking for a healthier option. Or you can get your own refillable oil sprayer and add your favorite oil.
How do you flip a fried egg without breaking the yolk?
Having the right utensil is crucial for flipping an egg properly. I love this flexible turner from OXO because it’s so thin I can easily slip it under an egg without ripping the white or breaking the yolk. Of course this will take practice, and I still have mishaps from time to time.
What is the healthiest breakfast sausage to eat?
Even with this recipe my goal was to make a healthy fried egg sandwich. The easiest way was to save fat and calories with the choice of sausage. When most people think of sausage they think of the pork varieties that are high in saturated fat and sodium. However, when you are looking for a healthy alternative there are many chicken and turkey options available. By switching to poultry you could save half the calories compared to regular pork sausage. Also turkey sausage has only a quarter of the fat grams and a few grams of protein which will keep you fuller longer.
Is turkey sausage already cooked?
Most store bought turkey sausage patties or links are precooked. They only require warming which can be done either in a skillet or a microwave. Make sure you read the cooking directions on the package because it may vary from brand to brand.
Looking for other delicious breakfast ideas? Try these!
If you try this recipe for Fried Egg Sandwich on a Brioche Bun, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bluesbestlife on Instagram Seeing your creations makes my day.
Pin For Later!
My Favorite Kitchen Tools!
Fried Egg Sandwich on Brioche Bun
- Small non-stick skillets, flexible turner
Fried Egg Sandwiches
- 2 eggs
- 2 turkey sausage patties
- 2 brioche buns* see notes
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Mix together ingredients for mustard aioli and set aside.
- Place two small skillets on stove top over medium heat.
- Spray both skillets with cooking spray. Add turkey sausage one skillet to warm through.
- Crack egg one at a time in a small ramekin to insure no shells. Add egg to other heated skillet. Cook egg to desired cooking method. See above 4 ways to fry an egg.
- Build sandwich by layering a slice of cheese, egg, sausage and aioli on brioche bun.