Cookie lovers get your glass of milk ready for the ultimate peanut butter marshmallow cookies! These cookies are loaded with chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and gooey marshmallows for the perfect combination of flavors!
(Blue’s Best Life is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. This helps me keep the blog going! -Bobbie)
Why These Peanut Butter Cookies are the Best!
Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my absolute favorite flavor combinations! My husband knows that if there is a peanut butter and chocolate dessert at a restaurant, its definitely the one we will order. He's automatically out-voted!
When you take the perfect peanut butter cookie and add marshmallows and chocolate chips you get the most decadent, rich and gooey cookie recipe! These delicious cookies have a chewy center and are loaded with sweet melty chips.
peanut butter-use either creamy or crunchy peanut butter for this cookie recipe. However, I do not recommend natural peanut butter for these cookies.
chocolate chips-use your favorite as either milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips will work.
peanut butter chips- add even more peanut butter flavor.
mini marshmallows-give a gooey sweet bite in the cookies!
butter- I always use unsalted butter for baking, so I have more control over the salt in the recipe. If you have salted butter reduce the salt in the recipe to a ¼ teaspoon.
In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, cream together the softened butter, peanut butter and both types of sugar.
Add the egg and vanilla extract and combine well.
In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients, all purpose flour, baking soda and salt before adding to the peanut butter mixture. Beat on medium speed while scraping the sides of the bowl to thoroughly mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
Use a spoon or spatula to mix in one cup mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
Now cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill the cookie dough for at least an hour. Chilling the dough will keep the cookies from spreading as quickly while baking which also keeps the marshmallow from melting on the baking sheet.
Once the cookie dough is chilled use a cookie scoop to make the cookie dough balls. After experimenting with this recipe I found a medium sized #50 cookie scoop (1.5 tablespoon) works the best. Larger scoops make such a large cookie that by time the cookie was baked properly the marshmallows would begin to melt and cause the cookie to spread too much. Keeping these cookies smaller will result in soft peanut butter cookies.
Place the cookie balls about 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. It is important to line the cookie sheet with parchment paper to help slide the cookies off the sheet. The bottom of the cookie will become slightly caramelized from the melty marshmallows.
Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. The cookies will look slightly undercooked. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes to allow them to continue cooking and firm up. Then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool before storing.
Keep peanut butter marshmallow cookies in an airtight container on the counter top for 2-3 days.
Cookie dough can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months. The best way to freeze cookie dough is to make the individual dough balls and freeze on a baking tray for several hours before transferring into the freezer container.
- Always let your butter and egg come to room temperature. It is much easier to cream the butter with the sugar when it is soft!
- Do not be tempted to bake cookies for an extra minute. They will continue baking on the baking sheet once removed from oven.
Should I refrigerate cookie dough before baking?
This is one of the most important steps when making cookies! I know we want those fresh cookies out of the oven quick, but skipping this step will result in cookies that spread more and are too flat and crispy. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or even overnight for best results.
Looking For Other Delicious Cookie Recipes? Try These!
Did you try this recipe? Please let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and a 5- star rating. I would love to hear from you! Subscribe to get new recipes sent straight to your inbox!
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup marshmallows
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- In a large bowl use a hand mixer or stand mixer to cream together the butter, peanut butter and both sugars.
- When smooth add the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour to the peanut butter mixture being careful to not over mix.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and marshmallows.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
- Once dough has chilled preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a #50 cookie scoop (1.5 tablespoons) to make cookie dough balls. Place two inches apart to allow cookies to spread while baking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Pull cookies from oven when slightly under baked and allow to cool on baking sheet for a minute before removing to a wire cooling rack.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before storing in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Cookies are best enjoyed within 2-3 days of baking.