Mini Key Lime Pie Bites are a fun and easy dessert appetizer perfect for a dinner party or any get together! They are a perfect balance of sweet and tangy in a bite-sized dessert.
(Blue’s Best Life is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. This helps me keep the blog going! -Bobbie)
My husband is a sucker for key lime pie. It is that perfect balance of sweet and tangy that just melts in your mouth. I never had key lime pie myself until I moved to Florida. Here in central Florida it is on just about every menu with many different variations. I have even deviated from the traditional graham cracker crust with my Key Lime Pie with Chocolate Crust and Raspberry Sauce recipe.
I love having parties and serving an array of appetizers. When you are mingling with people it’s so much easier to eat bite sized party food that doesn’t require any silverware. That’s why I love this recipe for Mini Key Lime Bites because they are the perfect size to eat while walking around a party!
Ingredients For Mini Key Lime Pie Bites
- key lime juice
- condensed milk
- sour cream
- phyllo shells
- stabilized whipped cream
- lime zest
- lime slices
- graham cracker crumbs
This recipe requires just a few ingredients. I rarely take the time to actually juice key limes myself, but find the flavor of Nellie and Joe's Key West Lime Juice to give the perfect flavor for my recipes. The lime zest, lime slices and graham cracker crumbs are optional but I think it makes the mini appetizers so cute!
How to make mini key lime pie
Making these mini key lime pie with phyllo shells is extremely easy. First heat your oven and line your phyllo cups on a baking tray, preferably with sides so they can not slide off. Then mix all of the filling ingredients in a medium sized bowl. No need for equipment a spatula will work perfectly. Add the key lime filling to the phyllo cups with a spoon. Each one will hold around a tablespoon leaving enough filling for 30 individual key lime pie appetizers.
Bake for 5 minutes then allow to cool. At this point you can chill in the refrigerator for up to 5 hours if your making ahead for a party. Then before serving you can decorate. I highly recommend making a stabilized whipped cream recipe. I use this with cornstarch and it’s amazing how well it holds with out running. This will ensure your mini desserts look amazing even after a couple hours sitting at room temperature.
I know that you and your guests will love this sweet and tart key lime dessert! If you try this recipe for Mini Key Lime Pie Bites, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bluesbestlife.com on Instagram! Seeing your creations makes my day.
looking for other mini dessert recipes? Try these!
Pin For Later!
My Favorite Kitchen Tools!
Mini Key Lime Bites
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons key lime juice (I use Nellie and Joe’s)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 cup stabilized cream
- 2 packages mini phyllo shells
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 1 lime cut into small pieces for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set phyllo cups on a baking tray, preferably with sides so they do not slide off.
- In a medium sized bowl using a spoon or spatula mix together sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice and zest. Stir until no lumps remain.
- Carefully spoon key lime mixture into the phyllo cups. Each one will hold about a tablespoon allowing enough for 30 individual cups.
- Bake for 5 minutes remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Move key lime bites to a serving platter and refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours when ready to decorate.
- Using stabilized cream in a pastry bag add a dollop of cream to each dessert. Decorate with crushed graham crackers, lime zest and small lime wedges.