Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins are so delicious you won’t believe they are full of wholesome ingredients. Eat these muffins for breakfast or a snack! Your kids won’t complain to have these packed in their lunches for a sweet treat!
Ingredients in chocolate peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- vanilla extract
- Greek yogurt
- peanut butter
- old fashion oats
- whole wheat flour
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
what is the secret to making moist muffins?
Healthy muffins have a bad rap for being dry. My secret for making healthy muffins super moist is adding Greek yogurt. I prefer the whole milk plain variety which has a richer flavor. This will keep your muffins super moist without all of the fat from butter or oil.
can I use frozen bananas to make muffins?
Yes! Freeze those ripe bananas for when you have time to bake.
I always have bananas in my kitchen at various ripening stages. My husband prefers them practically green while I like them a little speckled. Once they get too ripe for me I peel them and place the banana in a freezer bag. Now they are perfect for baking or smoothies so you always have ripe bananas when you have the urge for fresh baked muffins!
do bananas have to be ripe for baked goods?
It is important to have ripe bananas for baking muffins or bread. The reason I like to add bananas is because it works as a natural sweetener. The riper a banana is, the sweeter it is. Also bananas become softer as they ripen making them easier to mash. As the banana ripens, it begins to break down the starches converting them into sugar. So you could bake with a non-ripe banana but it won’t give you the same results.
How to Make chocolate peanut Butter Banana Muffins
The best tip for making any muffin recipe is to mix your wet ingredients and your dry ingredients in two separate bowls before combining. This will insure all ingredients are properly combined eliminating any clumps of baking soda or salt. This also makes the mixing process easier so you will never over mix your muffins. Over mixing will create a dense dry muffin.
After the batter is mixed divide evenly into a muffin tin. You can use cooking spray or muffin liners.
If you try this recipe for Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bluesbestlife on Instagram! Seeing your creations makes my day.
Looking For More Delicious Muffin Recipes? Try These!
Pin For Later!
My Favorite Kitchen Tools!
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffin
- muffin tin
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup old fashion oats
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together mashed banana, vanilla extract, Greek yogurt, honey, egg and peanut butter and set aside.
- In another bowl mix together oats, whole wheat and all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- With a spatula mix together the dry and wet ingredients making sure not to over mix.
- Add chocolate chips and stir to incorporate into batter.
- With a spoon divide muffin batter evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.