Healthy Applesauce Muffins have a touch of sweetness and a little cinnamon spice. These tasty muffins are perfect for breakfast or a snack with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee!
I love making muffins! It’s so easy to mix the ingredients together and I can always come up with different recipes to surprise my family with a new yummy treat.
My brother and his wife recently had a baby and I thought healthy applesauce muffins would be perfect for her when she can start to eat solid food. Right now, she’s just starting to try baby food, but it won’t be long before she’s experimenting with more!
What ingredients are in applesauce muffins?
My goal for these muffins was to make a delicious muffin that was also healthy for my family. I wanted to share a recipe with my brother and his wife, one that they would feel good to feed to their little one!
I made the applesauce muffins without eggs, refined sugar or dairy. I’m happy to report that they were a success with just enough sweetness from the applesauce and maple syrup and still very moist. Even though I am not vegan, the ingredients I choose happen to make these applesauce muffins vegan.
Here’s what you’ll need for the healthy applesauce muffins:
- coconut oil
- pure maple syrup
- almond milk
- vanilla extract
- oat flour * see note
- whole wheat flour
- baking soda & powder
How to make Oat flour
My recipe for applesauce muffins is very easy and can be mixed together while the oven is preheating. One extra step you will need to do in order to make your muffins is to blend your oats into oat flour, unless you already have oat flour on hand. I blend mine in my blender which turns the oats into a flour like powder in about 30 seconds. I like to do this so my muffins have a little smoother texture when they are finished baking.
Applesauce Muffins for Baby
My goal for these muffins was to make something the family could enjoy and give to a baby or toddler. They are made with healthy ingredients, dairy free and no refined sugar. *Please consult your pediatrician about using pure maple syrup. I use maple syrup instead of refined sugar in my recipes, but I have read that it isn’t recommended for children under 1.
Try more of my favorite apple muffin recipes!
Pin For Later!
If you try this recipe for Applesauce Muffins let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to snap a picture and tag it #bluesbestlife on Instagram! I love ❤️ seeing your creations!!
- 12 ounces applesauce
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups old fashion oats, blended into flour
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon, reserving ⅛ teaspoon
- ¼ teaspoon stevia
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix all wet ingredients together applesauce, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix together oat flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and 1 ¼ teaspoons cinnamon.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add wet ingredients stirring in large circles from the bottom and sides of bowl. Stir until no white streaks of flour remain, being careful to not over mix.
- Divide evenly into muffin tin filling about ¾ way full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-16 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean of crumbs.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack. While the muffins are still warm brush with melted coconut oil and sprinkle with reserved cinnamon and stevia.