Baked strawberries are delicious juicy berries that have been baked in the oven just enough to soften the berries. With just a little sprinkle of sugar this easy 3 ingredient recipe will make your take your next strawberry dessert to the next level!
(Blue’s Best Life is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. This helps me keep the blog going! -Bobbie)
What Makes these baked strawberries the best!
Do not confuse these juicy syrupy strawberries with oven dried strawberries. Baked strawberries have an intense flavor and during the baking process the strawberry juices release creating their own syrup. These strawberries beg to be the topping for pancakes, waffles and even ice cream! Go ahead and spoon them on your favorite sweet treats!
strawberries- fresh ripe strawberries that are in season work the best for this recipe. Check your local farmers’ market or grocery store during strawberry season for the best juicy strawberries. In some regions strawberry picking is popular in the spring. This is the perfect way to get the freshest berries. You can easily double the recipe by adding an extra pint of strawberries.
sugar- you can use your sugar of preference. I used regular white granulated sugar, but brown sugar, coconut sugar or turbinado sugar would work just fine. If you have sweet strawberries, you do not need much sugar. You could also drizzle with honey or maple syrup if you prefer.
vanilla extract- this is optional but does add a little flavor. You could even split a vanilla bean and really add flavor to the berries.
Baking strawberries is such an easy process. First wash the strawberries with cool water. Shake off excess water and dry strawberries with a paper towel.
Next use a paring knife to remove the top of the strawberry and slice strawberries into smaller pieces.
Add the strawberry slices to a parchment lined baking sheet or a ceramic baking dish. It must be a rimmed baking sheet. Do not use a cookie sheet because the juices from the strawberries will run off making a mess in your oven. Spread them out into a single layer so they bake evenly. The parchment paper will help with the cleanup. Sprinkle sliced strawberries with sugar and vanilla extract and use a spoon to stir the berries to coat all of them.
How to Store
Once the berries have finished baking allow them to cool to room temperature. Then transfer the berries to an airtight container. I like using mason jars or jelly jars to store the baked berries. They will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can rewarm in the microwave for 30 seconds before serving.
Serving Suggestions for baked strawberries
There are so many ways to use roasted strawberries. They are the perfect topping on French toast, waffles or pancakes with a little dollop of whipped cream. Stir them into your oatmeal, yogurt or cottage cheese! And because of the small amount of sugar that's needed they are a healthy snack addition.
Another great idea is to use them on a dessert. They make a great dessert topping on vanilla ice cream or even a slice of pound cake with whipped topping. Another great way to use baked strawberries would be on shortcakes. There are plenty of ways to use the roasted strawberries. You will want to make these every week as you come up with new ways to use this delicious recipe!
- Use a rimmed baking dish with either parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- For best results cut the fresh strawberries in uniform sized slices. Thicker slices will take a little longer to bake.
- You can use a strawberry huller or a sharp knife to remove the top of the berry.
Looking for other strawberry recipes? Try these!
Did you try this recipe? Please let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and a 5- star rating. I would love to hear from you! Subscribe to get new recipes sent straight to your inbox!
Easy Oven Baked Strawberries
- 2 pounds strawberries
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Do not use a cookie sheet because the juices will run off.
- Wash and remove the tops of the berries. Slice in uniform size slices.
- Place berries in a bowl and sprinkle with sugar and vanilla extract. Stir gently to coat all berries.
- Place strawberries on the lined baking dish. Spread in a single layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Berries will be juicy and create their own delicious syrup.
- If desired top immediately on waffles or pancakes or cool for ice cream.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container like a mason jar. Strawberries will keep for 5-7 days.