Soft and chewy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars are drizzled with a sweet glaze. Made with fresh strawberries, these yummy oatmeal bars are perfect for dessert or a snack.
(Blue’s Best Life is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. This helps me keep the blog going! -Bobbie)
The great thing about living in Florida is all of the fresh fruit that is grown here! When strawberries are plentiful I’m always looking for new recipes. I love this easy strawberry oatmeal bar because it’s the flavor of an oatmeal cookie with sweet strawberries baked in the bar!
Ingredients in Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- oats – I used old fashioned
- whole wheat flour
- baking soda
- white chocolate chips
- powdered sugar
can I substitute old fashioned oats for quick oats?
You can always use quick oats in place of old fashioned in this strawberry bar recipe. Because quick oats have gone through further processing than the old fashioned variety, the bar may not have the same chewy texture. They will still taste delicious!
Can I use frozen strawberries?
I have never baked this recipe with frozen strawberries. I would be afraid that the extra water from the berry once defrosted would create too much moisture in the bar. Only a theory, so if you’ve tried frozen berries with great results I’d love to hear from you!
Looking for other delicious dessert recipes? Try these!
If you try this recipe for Strawberry Oatmeal Bars, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bluesbestlife on Instagram! Seeing your creations makes my day.
Pin For Later!
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
Sugar Glaze* optional
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8x8 square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter and both types of sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and continue to mix.
- Add oats, flour, baking soda and salt and mix together with a spatula.
- Once combined add white chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Take half of batter and press into bottom of prepared pan. Spread strawberries across oatmeal batter. Then top with remaining batter. Press gently covering strawberries.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Allow bars to cool before cutting.
- In a small bowl mix together sugar, 1 tablespoon of milk and vanilla extract. If needed add extra tablespoon of milk to get the desired consistency. Drizzle on the bars once they have completely cooled.