Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a light but flavorful dinner that is paired with a spicy peanut sauce and fresh vegetables. Prepare chicken lettuce wraps for an easy meal prep.
(Blue’s Best Life is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. This helps me keep the blog going! -Bobbie)
how to make ThAi Chicken Lettuce wraps
Even though there’s a few key elements to lettuce wraps it is still a simple meal to prepare. The first step is to prepare the marinade for the chicken by mixing together the marinade ingredients, reserving 2 tablespoons for Thai Slaw. Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces, add to a large bowl and cover with marinade.
One key component to Thai chicken lettuce wraps is a delicious peanut sauce. This sauce can be made days ahead if needed or while the chicken is marinating. It is easy to make! If you have a small blender, you can add in the ingredients and process until smooth. You may need more or less water depending on the consistency you want. If you do not have a blender, you can use a hand-grater the garlic and ginger. Combine in a small bowl and stir well with a spoon.
The last step is to prepare the Thai Slaw by chopping all vegetables. Add the 2 tablespoons of reserved marinade right before serving.
What is Thai peanut sauce called?
Satay sauce or peanut sauce is a spicy mixture containing soy sauce, lime juice and cayenne pepper among a few other ingredients. I think many Americans may find peanut butter odd for savory cooking but it is very commonly used in Thai dishes. This peanut sauce will complete the Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps!
How to prepare chicken Lettuce wraps for meal prep
Chicken lettuce wraps make a great make ahead meal. You will want to keep the components to the lettuce wrap packed separately. This will keep your ingredients from getting soggy plus you can warm up the chicken if you have access to a microwave. This will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
If you try this recipe for Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bluesbestlife on Instagram! Seeing your creations makes my day.
Pin For Later!
My Favorite Kitchen Tools!
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 6 ounce container of bib lettuce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, fresh grated
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reserved marinade
- 1 cup purple cabbage, grated
- 1 cup match stick carrots
- 1 cup match stick cucumber
- 1 cup red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Cut chicken into small 1 inch pieces and place in a sealable plastic bag.
- Mix marinade ingredients, reserving 2 tablespoons and pour marinade over chicken. Marinate for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- While chicken marinates make peanut sauce by adding ingredients to a small blender or food processor. Add more or less water to get to the consistency you want. You can make without blender by grating ginger and garlic and mixing by hand really well.
- Chop fresh vegetables to make Thai slaw. Add to a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of reserved marinade right before serving.
- When ready to cook chicken, preheat broiler to highest temperature. Cover baking tray with foil (DO NOT USE GLASS UNDER BROILER)
- Add chicken to oven under broiler. Cook for 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- To build lettuce wrap top lettuce leaf with slaw, chicken and peanut sauce. Garnish with chopped peanuts and a squeeze of lime.