Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal combines my favorite flavor combinations into a healthy breakfast! This easy baked oatmeal recipe can be made ahead, frozen and reheated for a busy morning. Even your kids will love this wholesome breakfast!
(Blue’s Best Life is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. This helps me keep the blog going!)
My latest breakfast obsession is baked oatmeal. I’ve made several different variations but this is my personal favorite! You can never go wrong with a combination of peanut butter, bananas and chocolate!
What I like best is that baked oatmeal is super moist almost like an under baked muffin. It is amazing served out of the oven with an extra drizzle of milk and more peanut butter or honey!
You can even heat this up the next day for a quick breakfast on the go!
Ingredients and substitutions for baked oatmeal
- honey, maple syrup or date pate
- avocado oil or coconut oil
- peanut butter or any nut butter
- almond milk or any milk
- vanilla extract
- old fashioned oats
- mini chocolate chips, nuts or dried fruit
Make Ahead instrucTions for Baked Oatmeal
I make my baked oatmeal on my day off from work and then have breakfast for several days afterwards. I reheat it in the microwave for 45 seconds and drizzle with a little milk.
can I freeze baked oatmeal?
If you are looking for a great make ahead recipe baked oatmeal is the answer! It is so easy to freeze and reheats with wonderful results. Just make your baked oatmeal as you normally would and allow it too cool completely. Wrap your entire baking pan in plastic wrap or foil and pop it in the freezer for when you need it! If you do not want to freeze your pan you can cut the individual pieces and freeze those for an easier grab and go breakfast.
Looking for other delicious baked oatmeal recipes? Try these!
If you try this recipe for Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bluesbestlife on Instagram! Seeing your creations makes my day.
Pin For Later!
My Favorite Kitchen Tools!
Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
- 8 x 8 baking dish
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashion oats
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash bananas with a fork and add honey, avocado oil, egg, peanut butter, almond milk and vanilla extract. Stir very well.
- In the same bowl add oats, cinnamon, salt and chocolate chips. Stir everything well and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow the oatmeal to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.