Turkey isn’t just for Thanksgiving! This quick and easy Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin recipe can be for any week night dinner. Cooking a turkey tenderloin breast in an Instant Pot keeps the meat tender and juicy.
(Blue’s Best Life is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. This helps me keep the blog going! -Bobbie)
I love Thanksgiving turkey but sometimes cooking the entire bird can be too time consuming! It isn’t difficult to prepare however, rarely do I have time for several hours of cooking in the oven. Plus my husband and I aren’t fans of dark meat. That’s why a turkey tenderloin in an Instant Pot is a perfect recipe for us. We can enjoy a delicious turkey dinner any time of year!
What is turkey tenderloin?
The tenderloin is a part of the turkey breast. It’s a tender, white meat cut of turkey that can be cooked in many different methods. Turkey is a great source of protein and low in fat making it a very healthy meal. However, because turkey is low in fat it can be dry if overcooked so follow the steps for cooking in an Instant Pot for perfectly juicy turkey!
Ingredients for turkey tenderloin in an instant pot
- turkey tenderloin
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
How to cook turkey tenderloin in instant pot
The beauty of an Instant Pot is how quickly you can make a delicious and healthy dinner. One step that I add to cooking the turkey tenderloin is to use the sauté feature to sear each side. This gives your turkey a more pleasant browned color than just a white drab piece of poultry. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO NOT SEAR WITH THE LID ON!
After searing I remove the tenderloin so I can add the chicken broth and the trivet to the bottom of the pot. Replace the tenderloin inside the pot on top of trivet and place the lid on top and turn to the on position. Set the instant pot for 7 minutes. It will take a few minutes for the pressure to build in your pot. You should hear some hissing noises as it’s coming to pressure. This is completely normal. Once it has pressurized the screen will change from On to counting down from 7 minutes.
Now once the time is up you will need to let the pressure release naturally. The screen will show an L and begin a count down. I let my turkey tenderloin depressurize for 10 minutes before removing it from the Instant Pot.If you have never used an Instant Pot or need a refresher for some of the features check out this Instant Pot Guide!
If you try this recipe for Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bluesbestlife on Instagram! Seeing your creations makes my day.
Pin For Later!
My Favorite Kitchen Tools!
Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin
- 1 package of 2 turkey tenderloins (1.5 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Set up Instant Pot, turn to sauté feature and allow to heat for a couple minutes.
- Remove tenderloins from package and pat dry with paper towel. Rub with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Add other 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to bottom of pot inside Instant Pot. Add tenderloins to bottom and sear each side for 2 minutes to brown slightly. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO NOT SEAR WITH THE LID ON!
- When finished searing, remove from Instant Pot and set aside. Turkey is not fully cooked at this point. Turn the sear feature off. Add chicken broth and trivet into bottom of Instant Pot. Place tenderloins back in pot on top of trivet.
- Place lid on Instant Pot locking in place. Make sure value is in seal position. Turn Instant Pot to pressure cook.
- Time for 7 minutes. It will take a few minutes to come to pressure before it starts the count down.
- When the 7 minutes is up the screen will show an L as it is depressurizing naturally. I depressurized for 10 minutes before releasing the last amount of steam and removing the lid.
- Place tenderloins on a cutting board. Allow to rest for a few minutes before slicing.