Looking for a healthy snack that has it all? Try these sweet and spicy roasted cashews the next time your craving a savory snack. These spicy nuts have just enough sweetness and lots of crunch!
(Blue’s Best Life is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. This helps me keep the blog going! -Bobbie)
What makes these roasted cashews so good
Cashews are definitely my favorite nut, however I’m not quite as fond of raw nuts. I love the flavor that roasting brings out. These spicy roasted cashew nuts are the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. They make a great snack, appetizer for a party or even a homemade gift for the holiday season. This is an unbelievably easy recipe and an addictive tasty snack!
- Eating cashews is a great way to add many necessary vitamins and minerals to your diet. Cashews have many health benefits because they have healthy fats, are high in fiber and protein! This healthy snack requires very little oil and has only a little added sugar.
- Easy to mix in a large bowl with just 5 minutes of prep time!
- Has the perfect combination of sweet and spicy from the brown sugar and cayenne pepper.
- Makes a great holiday appetizer or edible gifts to give during the holidays.
key ingredients in Sweet and Spicy Roasted cashews
Make sure to use raw cashews for roasting. You can usually find whole cashews in their raw form at health food stores. It is usually a little more economical to buy them in the large bins than in prepacked bags. This way they are in their natural state and you can flavor them however you’d like.
It is best to use fresh spices. If they have been stored in your cabinet for over a year get new jars!
How to Roast Cashews
Roasting cashews or any nuts will bring out the flavor and only takes a few minutes in your oven. Nuts can burn easily so it is important thing to remember is to stay near the oven and stir the cashews half way through the roasting time to make sure they cook evenly and are golden brown in color.
- Stir nuts in a mixing bowl with the olive oil before adding the ground spices. Stir in the spice mixture, carefully coating all of the cashews.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up. Spread nuts in a single layer over the parchment.
- Stay close to the oven and stir cashews to make sure they do not burn.
- Allow the cashews to cool completely before storing. Store in a mason jar or any airtight container at room temperature.
How to store Roasted Cashew recipe
Store in mason jars or any airtight container at room temperature for 2 weeks. Nuts have a longer shelf life if you store them in the refrigerator. Store in refrigerator up to a month.
How to package spicy cashews for gifts
I love healthy recipes I can share with my family and friends. I make a double batch and divide the spicy cashews into small mason jars, tie a ribbon around the jar and give it as a little gift to family and friends around the holidays. It makes a an awesome edible gift and is something different from traditional cookies and candy.
This recipe can easily be adapted to suit your tastes or what you have on hand.
- If you don’t have olive oil, use avocado oil, coconut oil or canola oil. Really any oil will work!
- Can’t handle the heat? Reduce or totally eliminate the cayenne pepper. You can also substitute the cayenne with red chili powder as well.
Looking for other snack recipes? Try these!
If you try this recipe for Sweet and Spicy Roasted Cashews, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bluesbestlife on Instagram! Seeing your creations makes my day.
Pin For Later!
My Favorite Kitchen Tools!
Sweet and Spicy Roasted Cashews
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add cashews to a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and stir well.
- Add all spices and sugar to a small bowl mixing well.
- Sprinkle spices over nuts and toss well to evenly coat. Pour cashews onto parchment lined cooking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, stirring half way through. Watch closely to not burn.
- Remove from oven and allow cashews to fully cool before storing in an airtight container.