You know that feeling after Thanksgiving weekend when your pants feel so uncomfortable you can barely stand it? Or after getting back from vacation when you have over indulged on one too many desserts. I know we have all been there needing a healthy solution to jump start a diet or simply get back on track. Whatever your reason for wanting a clean crisp refreshing start to your morning this Cucumber Mint Detox Smoothie will help you not only feel better but get you back in your skinny jeans!
(Blue’s Best Life is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. This helps me keep the blog going! -Bobbie)
What is a Detox Smoothie?
A detox smoothie is usually made of all natural ingredients with a focus on fruits and vegetables. They are low in calories but are packed with nutrients. The combinations of fruits and vegetables is really endless so you can focus on your favorites!
Will a green smoothie help you lose weight?
If you are wanting to lose weight you must use the detox smoothie as a meal replacement. Drinking this along with the normal foods you eat will be adding calories. The key with weight loss is to consume fewer calories so use this Cucumber Mint Detox Smoothie for a lighter breakfast or lunch than what you are accustomed to eating.
what are the health benefits of a detox smoothie?
Let’s talk about a detox diet. Many nutritionists claim that by eating natural ingredients a detox diet will rid your body of toxins, cleanse your liver and help with other health issues. However, studies have shown our bodies do this naturally. So is there any benefits of drinking these green smoothies? I say definitely YES! It is always better for our bodies to get a nutrient rich smoothie in lieu of other unhealthier breakfast or lunch options. Here’s just a few of the amazing benefits from the ingredients in this smoothie!
Detox Smoothie IngrEdients:
- Spinach– this super food has nutrients that are important for hair and skin. Spinach also helps aid in lowering blood glucose levels in people who have diabetes.
- Apples– are full of fiber which helps us feel full and aids with digestion. They are also high in vitamin C.
- Mint– has many health benefits such as, indigestion relief, is a good source of vitamin A and antioxidants.
- Ginger– is an anti-inflammatory which means it can help with different forms of arthritis, lowers blood sugar levels, and can help with indigestion problems.
- Cucumbers– they contain antioxidants and micro-nutrients along with vitamins C and K, magnesium and potassium. They can also help lower blood pressure!
How do I make a Smoothie?
Making a smoothie is very easy as long as you have a good blender. I love my Ninja Auto IQ and use it almost every day for smoothies, protein shakes or salad dressings.
Add all of the ingredients in the cup of the blender, screw on the blade and lock it on the base. Then just set it to blend which may take 30 -45 seconds. If your mixture seems too thick add more water and pulse for a few more seconds.
That’s it you’ve made a nutritious green detox smoothie! Just by switching to this green smoothie for breakfast a couple of mornings a week you’ll feel better and get plenty of antioxidants. Try a few different flavor combinations. I’d love to hear your favorites!
Looking for other delicious and healthy drinks? Try these!
If you try this recipe for Cucumber Mint Detox Smoothie, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bluesbestlife on Instagram! Seeing your creations makes my day.
Pin for Later!
My Favorite Kitchen Tools!
Cucumber Mint Detox Smoothie
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup hothouse cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 apple, sliced
- 3-4 large mint leaves
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup ice
- Wash vegetables and fruit throughly. Do a rough chop so they fit better in blender.
- Place all ingredients in blender cup.
- Blend for 40-50 seconds until all ingredients are blended smoothly.
- This is best served right away.